Mark strives to make sure each of his clients has the most positive experience with his firm as possible. He notes that criminal defense lawyers often get a bad rap in the public eye for being uninvested in their clients’ needs.
马克正在改写这个故事. He has found that investing in his business and its operations ultimately means investing in his clients.
“My highest value to the firm is not actually being in court. … [It] is being able to be in the office and sign up clients … because that’s the way the firm can move forward and grow.”
Mark recalls meeting a new attorney making a seven-figure salary just three years after she started practicing law. 他被震撼了. 她的秘诀是:她有一个商业教练.
Mark admits a good business coach is expensive, but it quickly pays off. Within the first year of receiving coaching, his business doubled.
His coach has helped him manage sales and client intake better and create efficient systems. Implementing sound systems and processes can ensure a scalable and repeatable result that delivers high value to your clients.
Mark’s firm didn’t stagnate during the 2020 pandemic — in fact, it grew. He offers tips he learned both from his business coach and the pandemic:
- Give your business the support it needs, even if you think you can’t afford it
- Don’t allow yourself to fall victim to a “太 busy” mentality
If your firm needs support in a specific area, respond, and you will see the return.
Automation paradoxically has created the opportunity for Mark’s firm to serve his clients on a more human level and has made more time for him to be a human, 太. 例如, he hired a call center so prospective clients could reach the firm and schedule an appointment at any time.
作为一个结果, 潜在客户在需要时得到关注, and Mark can spend his weekends with his wife and new son.
Automation, however, should never replace intentionality. When it comes to securing a prospective client, Mark and his team implement the “READ” process:
- 联系: 在第一次协商会议上, get to know the client and share common ground before reading their paperwork.
- 建立的必要性: Ask the client what their specific concerns for their case are.
- 提供量身定制的解决方案: Carefully listen to those concerns and craft a way forward specific to the client and their needs.
- 发展的承诺: 创造一个坚定的结尾. Ask the client if there’s any reason you shouldn’t move forward together based on the information they’ve provided.
Mark offers a formula: Listen 80% of the time, talk 20%. People want to be unders太d, and knowing their problem is important.
马克有丰富的经验和智慧. He stresses the importance of setting personal and business goals — and to do so every 90 days.
Personal goals can help you be a better strategic business owner and avoid burning out. 为你的家人、朋友和爱好腾出时间. Investing in your personal life is also an investment in your business.